Educators bridges the gap between theory and practice with VR —
The head manager of Viden om data says that Xpandr helps cover a gap that exists between theory and practice.
A discrepancy students often experience when what they experience in their apprenticeship does not match the theory they encounter in the classroom.
Why it works –
With Xpandr, students can both talk about and reflect on what they actually experience in practice, from a theoretical perspective.
By using the features in Xpandr, it is possible to take the theory and throw it directly into a realistic scenario in VR. Xpandr is also interactive, which means that students must actively make choices to progress in the different scenarios.
More educational institutions will participate –
The interest in using Xpandr is good and Viden om data has schools just waiting to get started.
And the vision is quite clear: Xpandr must be used by the teachers and become a natural part of the teaching material.
- – Introduction
- – Development
- – Implementation
- – Ongoing follow-up
- – Xpandr VR platform
- – VR Headsets
- – 360° camera
- – Tablets
What should VR solve??
The challenge —
- – There are discrepancies between what students experience in their apprenticeship and what they learn about in the classroom.
HHow has VR helped?
- – Bridging the gap between theory and practice.
- – Creates conversation and reflection on theoretical topics.
- – The visualizations create greater learning potential.
Where are they now?
The future —
- – More educational schools, will use Xpandr.
- – Further development of the didactic framework.
- – Xpandr must be an implemented part of the teaching.
Viden om data